$$$

Oh. My. God. Karen McManus you have outdone yourself with ONE OF US IS NEXT. The sequel to ONE OF US IS LYING exceeds the thrill and shock exponentially. I guessed the reveal for OOUIL early on, but ONE OF US IS NEXT surprised me until the very last page.

ONE OF US IS NEXT is a slow burn, starting off with character development, increasing in pace and intensity until WHAM.

I loved each of the narrators, Knox, Phoebe and Maeve, who each had stories that intersected with the Bayview Four from Book 1, so readers are treated with frequent “where are they now moments”. McManus is genius with detail, nuance and subtle clues easy to overlook.

I don’t want to say much about the plot for fear of giving away any spoilers except to say nothing you read is unimportant. Not a single word.

My fingers are crossed for seeing Bayview High School again in a book 3





$$$